Sunday 19 June 2011

Poppies at Burton Agnes Hall, again.

A few years ago when I first got back into dabbling with art I would slap paint about and was disappointed if I could not achieve the image that was in my mind’s eye within a night. Move the clock forward to now. I have my own workspace where I can leave my work out and dabble as and when I find some free time.  I am now finding that this freedom allows me to control more what I do and how I do it.  I feel that I am now finding my own style and not now thinking that my work must be to others standards. I am now only ‘arting’ to please myself. If others like my work then this is a joy to me but I do not start now with the result in my mind.
My approach to my ‘Wallflowers’ in my ‘inspired art’ post was an experiment. I liked to result and the way of working. The small segments allowed stopping and starting frequently.  Taking this approach further I decided to reinterpret my ‘Poppies at Burton Agnes Hall’ painting (8th May post). This piece took me about 20 hours to produce and again I am pleased with the result.
I have produced another blank with segments outlined but as yet I do not know what I have in mind to start the colour infill process. But I am sure something will come to me soon.

Size 5" x 12"


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this piece. I have seen it in real life and the colours just speak to out to me. Glorious x
    Happy Father's day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathryn
    I have had a happy day, that you for your original presents .. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your comments, all are much appreciated! I have basically received an apology for the error, luckily (or unluckily) I have applied for my masters at the university so I will have another exhibition and an opportunity to gain contacts, but it hasn't been a very nice way to end three years of hard work. All are welcome to the exhibition so its hard to keep tabs on who actually turns up as far as contacting them goes. I would of loved to have had it as a souvenir of my degree, but there you go! I guess I am learning the ways of the world! Anna x
    p.s. I love the poppies!

    ReplyDelete