Monday 19 March 2012

Natrat Pattern

Looking at tartan patterns inspired me to produce this abstract pattern.  I thought of a tartan form and then deconstructed it, at bit like a modern chef deconstructs a cheese cake and gives you a plate with the ingredients neatly placed remotely to one another (what a con).

I have always been fascinated by Tartan patterns. I try to work out which of the interlacing colour layers are above and which are below. Hopefully my picture still has these elements.

Why have I called it a Natrat Pattern?  Because I have produced a backwards picture I have spelt Tartan backwards.

A while ago Rowena asked why I have a collection of stones on my windowsill. Well these stones in some way inspire me either by their colour or shape of both. One is a piece of flint, it is the colours that I like it and I have used these colours in my picture. So I think I will name my picture the ‘Mc Flint Natrat Pattern’. I added a couple of red and white lines as most tartans have these.
the flint


the slightly out of focus pattern

1 comment:

  1. I love this Dad! Please will you do me one? xxx

    ReplyDelete