Monday 18 July 2011

Flowers of Scotland

I am not a flowery person but in recent years I have come to find flowers inspiring. The flowers of Scotland are no exception to this.
I like the contrasts that they give -
The varying colour pallets of the flowers and foliage.
The varying forms of strong and frail structures, some symmetrical, some asymmetrical.
The variation of form, some simple, some complex.
The groupings, some are loners, some huddle together and some of differing varieties huddle together to form little radiant communities.

And now few snaps of Scotland’s flowers that illustrate my likings. This includes some flowers that other may call weeds (and the odd butterfly thrown in)















 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These pictures are truly awesome! I especially love the one of the meadow... M was very impressed too! Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete