Sunday 6 November 2011

Why did I think that I could copy nature.

God gave us nature to be inspired by, not to copy it. We mortals are incapable of copying nature and still retaining the impeccable beauty of all things untarnished by man.
I had not done much arty stuff over the summer and I though I would paint a copy of a photograph I had taken earlier in the year. Half way through I realised my mistake (copying nature). I then thought  I would experiment a bit and try to make the foreground flowers more prominent and the background flowers recede. I gave the background a thin wash of white which achieved what I intended. I made the foreground flowers more prominent by outlining them using a mastic gun. I liked the result of this. In the end I have not achieved a picture but I am in the process of trying again using the mastic gun. I live and learn (until I make the same mistake again).


18" x 14"



1 comment:

  1. I imagine this in a fabric setting with the protruding flowers as embellishments - it works perfectly. Love.

    ReplyDelete