Saturday 16 April 2011

The woods at Burton Agnes Hall

Size 5" x 12"
Well I did a painting but it was not of the snowdrops or daffodils, it was the woods at Burton Agnes Hall.
I have been playing with watercolours and inks along with sticking additional bits of torn paper to the picture. For this picture of the woods the larger tree and parts of the foreground are made up in this way. When see in reality it give differing depths to the picture. I intend to experiment with other subjects in this way.

3 comments:

  1. I utterly love this image and think you should do prints from it. But keep the original in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this lovely blog http://sixtyonea.blogspot.com/
    Think you might love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn
    Thank you for the comments and sound advice. I was thinking of putting this one up for sale but there is a bitter sweet feeling when I sell a piece of work that I have created (not that I have sold many). I will take your advice and keep it.
    I have just looked at sixtyonea.blogspot.com. I thought at first that this would be someone the same age as me (nearly). But was I surprised, this work is so so nice and she has a shop (envy)

    ReplyDelete